Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Rededication

This whole "I'm going to create an honest, searching blog entry as often as possible" scenario doesn't seem to be working. I tend to write random quips and rarely do I even feel up to thinking about them and actually collecting my thoughts. That is going to change.

I've been casually reading Bill Bradley's "Values of the Game," and it is actually really good. From a sort of populist, democratic viewpoint, the book is just a lengthy focus on aspects of discipline and desire that lead to a "winning" disposition. Also I have a couple of interesting books on evolution and the nature of narrative that I hope to use as a sort of foundation for my Mozi page. I'm still reading about Altman's "Nashville" before I watch the final films of his.

I found a bunch of movies at Hollywood Video on River Road. This is my third batch of films from there since they started going out of business. I found a couple of extra Woody Allen films that I don't have (I've started watching "Stardust Memories" last night) along with many other auteurs that I'm "collecting."

I've started talking to a couple of brand new people, which is really cool, and I have a weekend worth of chores to do in this nice 2 day weekend I have ahead of me. More next time.

No comments: