Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Very sore, defeated but posi

Blogging from my iPhone has become a regularity.

Originally this was meant to be a way to discuss my migraines and their treatment, but since I have been using the same treatment for quite a while, I haven't really needed to make many updates in that regard, but I feel it is time.

I am still taking 60mg of propranolol daily, in 3 tablets at 20mg a piece. The first time I took this it felt like a clenched fist behind my left eye suddenly opened and relieved weeks of built up pressure. I was sort of prescribed this medication as a last resort as it can make u gain weight in a hurry. I have. Before I started getting migraines I was about 140-145 pounds. I weigh about 200-205 now. That's a hell of a lot of weight, to be sure, but I am healthier now than I think I ever have been in my life and I haven't had a cold or flu since early 2010. That's well over a year!! I am finally getting active again as well and playing lots of basketball and riding my bicycle pretty much everywhere.

The second medication that has become a staple for me is citalopram, which started for a couple of months at 20mg and has been 40mg ever since. About a week ago we were super busy at work, I had refilled my prescription and missed it for a couple of days. I finally took a dose at about 6pm on Friday and couldn't even sleep until late Saturday night. Shows how much the medication has become a part of my routine.

Finally, I am taking a 100mg tablet of amitriptylene every might at bedtime. This medication is great for me and zonks me out every night, allowing me to get on the best schedule of my life.

I take my first dose of propranolol at 845, along with my citalopram. I take my second dose of propranolol at 245pm, usually at about the time I head to lunch. Finally, at 845pm, I take my final dose of propranolol and my dose of amitriptylene. With very little variation, this has been and will continue to be my routine.. Back to work!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:At work on lunch

No comments: