Monday, May 27, 2013

Safe words (ALATWA #12) 27 May 2013

I am at a loss for words. This doesn't happen much. Exposure to okcupid may be the culprit. Being someone who has met people online for over half of his life, this shouldn't happen, but it inevitably does. You talk to someone with somewhat similar interests, in fact more in common than someone you've met in a long time. Sadly, the more you talk, the more you really become annoyed with the motifs that run through their conversational repertoire.

Sometimes you push to see if maybe they're just having a bad week or three and perhaps they'll pull out of it or let you in so you can understand and at least remain friends. Other times they just become tedious and need to be jettisoned. They think they've offended you and they keep apologizing; in reality, their thought patterns are destructive, depressed, or simply old hat. Often, it is all three. But life goes on.

This week should be fun. The DIVA film is Douglas Sirk's written on the wind, and I get my car keys in the mail. Wednesday I have a date in Corvallis with what appears to be a normal girl (whoa!) and I hope I get to hang with my friend Jannae. Going to play trivia at Murphy's. Then trivia at Rogue for the last Friday. It's going to be weird playing trivia in eugene on Thursdays. Also hoping to take a couple of loads of DVDs to my storage unit. I'd like to see the zombie movie Warm Bodies at the dollar theater as well. Maybe tonight?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Clark St,Eugene,United States

No comments: