Tuesday, December 24, 2013

(Film #9)

I've got to say that a few movies have caught me off-guard lately, which I'm going to try to go through in next week's entry. I'm in the process of moving which makes writing more difficult (and thus more necessary), so it's time to take a deep breath and get to it.

I'm nearly finished with Blindness, a film with a couple of heavyweights attached at multiple parts of the process. City of God co-director (and The Constant Gardener) Fernando Meirelles directs the novel by Nobel prize winner Jose Saramago, which has Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo, and Gael Garcia Bernal.

It is tough to judge a movie without having read the book, especially one of such magnitude, but this is certainly a movie which requires multiple viewings and I'm not done with the first! Back to that as well. It finishes well and it tells the things about human nature that are true. Some humans will always seek dominance over others. Being blind will make us realize how much we depend upon one another in such a strong way. And finally, having sight restored makes us see how much we take for granted on a daily basis.

The Last Films I've Seen
1. Blindness, 8.2.
2. Looper, 10.0.
Selflessness is often a trait we come upon too late. To see it happen believably and in a new sort of fashion makes it that much more powerful. Couch that in a Sci-fi movie and we have the stirrings of genius. Great movie. I need to see Brick for sure.
3. American horror story, season 2, first couple of episodes. ~7. Fun and twisted, but probably not worth seeing if you're behind on other classic television.
4. Sons of anarchy, pilot, interesting so far.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Shenandoah Dr,Silverlake,United States

No comments: