Saturday, July 4, 2015

7/04/15 (Saturday Life #28) 4 July 2015

It's the Fourth of July!  Getting out would be fun, but I'm so neck-deep in music that I could relax and listen to music all day.  I've been rating a ton of records and I look forward to writing about a lot of this music at some point in the future.  I'm also in the midst of an amazing Russian film, "Hard to be a God," and a documentary on H.P. Lovecraft.

For writing today, I think I'll consider my 4ths of July.  I remember being scared of fireworks on Delaware street growing up.  I remember the Saturn Missile Battery in the alley at Delaware, when it tipped over, and my brother and I took cover behind a car.  I can't remember who we did this with.  Was it Marcus Noiseau?

I wound up going out with Trey first this afternoon and we were going to drop off a few flyers, but Trey's new truck was having some issues and basically died on the side of the road.  We were near Beech street (the divider between the highlands and whatever the area on the north side of the lake is called).  We called his homey Stephen and it turns out we needed to replace his after-market cap and rotor.  Had to order it, as no open store had it in stock.

Hung out with Jason and his boyfriend, Kevin, for the fireworks, and a couple of other people joined.

Fun stuff.

No comments: