Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reflection

My apartment is a mess; it reflects the state of my mind.

Do I finish school? Do I try and write, solely, and shoot for making money that way? Do I bust my ass and apply for grad school? So many questions to parse, so much self-discipline to mete out.

Work, which is my main priority, is pretty good. I am still learning, trying also to bend and mold myself into becoming the best pharmacy technician I can be. It's a living wage, and with raises, I can do pretty good for myself. So do I just stay here and save up money, perhaps trying to finish school, bit by bit? I can write poetry, stories, essays, and even screenplays. I can save and find good film production supplies. I do love Eugene, and what better place to hone myself, my passions. I can find people to be in a band with. I can do this if I really want it. So do I really want it?

I have discovered yet another hero. With such a ridiculous disparity of wealth in the United States, and a whiny fear of taxation, here is why. Guess what?? That top 1% taxation wouldn't effect anyone that I know.

So going up to Washington this weekend. Very excited to see my family. My dad, mom, brother, Ada, and Mike. Maybe a friend or two. A gig for my brother. Taking my bike, so I'm going to journey around town a bit, check out the pawn shops, etc. :) I am kinda sad to miss the Eugene Public Library book sale.