Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blogs, Imaginarium, Blazers

Last night, after a good dinner at Cafe Yumm, I moseyed on over to the Bijou to visit a friend I haven't seen in ages and to sample the latest fare from Terry Gilliam. The visuals were Gilliamesque and certainly left nothing to be desired, but the narrative was severely disjointed and incomplete. That's what happens when one of the main characters dies during filming. RIP Heath Ledger.

I've been reading a lot of blogs about Facets Multimedia and how the quality of their material can be pretty subpar. Very interesting reads, and learning of many film directors and films that I've never heard of. Very intrigued by Raymundo Gleyzer, a filmmaker who "disappeared" and has never been seen since. WTF?

Lastly, I am continually shocked at the Blazers winning games without Greg Oden, Joel Przybilla, Travis Outlaw, and lately, their superstar, Brandon Roy. Wow.

No comments: