Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A sense of order

I write this blog to attempt to tally the days and provide myself a sense of order. I've vowed to write in this blog daily now and so far I'm doing pretty well.

Originally I started this blog as a migraine diary, cataloging what medications I take and how often, and how few and far between my migraines became. So far I still get one every day. But I must qualify this comment by saying that my migraines aren't "real" migraines. I don't want to vomit, lose vision, need to lay in bed with a cold rag on my head, etc. That being said, there are times when they daily headaches do reach a point somewhere near those of a typical migraine. My head is just always slightly off, it seems. I have found a daily dosing that essentially keeps this condition in check, in 100mg of Amitriptylene at bedtime (845pm), 20mg of Propranolol three times daily (I take them at 845am, 245pm, and 845pm), and 40mg of Citalopram in the morning (845am). I see my PCP tomorrow, as I was fired by my neurologist for missing an appointment.

That is an update, which should organize my thoughts in this blog so that I can get into something even more organized.

1 comment:

Miss. B said...

Cody, Do you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or BlackBerry? Check out http://www.iheadacheApp.com