Saturday, January 16, 2010

Work 1-6

Well here it is about 1130am and I work at 1pm. I'm going to try and do nothing until just before I have to run roughshod to the shower to get to work on time.

I'm still slowly working my way through Robert Altman's (or should I say Carver's?) Short Cuts. The multiplicity of stories woven into a loosely collated narrative seems to be the schizophrenic equivalent to the portmanteau film, which are the films with a (sometimes) barely related theme by several directors. Sometimes only the thinnest of pretexts exists, such as the Gondry/Carax/Bong film, Tokyo!
I have scheduled the first of what I hope to be a regularly occuring movie night(s) at my apartment. We (so far just me and Andre) will be watching two films by Derek Jarman, In The Shadow of the Sun and Jubilee.

More later.

No comments: