Thursday, September 20, 2012

On The Road Again (A Look At The Weekend #5)

"One scholar, Gordon Wasson (1957), has written a provocative account of the important role that widespread hallucinogenic mushrooms (the fungi of various forest trees such as the birch and fir) must have had in the development of supernatural beliefs in early man. Whether or not we agree with his thesis that the ubiquity of belief systems concerning the supernatural is due to man's primordial encounter with mind-altering plants, nonetheless the worlds of heaven and hell opened to man by the visionary content of such infusions may have played an important part in stimulating his
mythologies and legends concerning otherworldly lands and peoples, demons, devils, and the like." from Visionary Vine, pg. 30

Today I board the greyhound north to Salem, to re-sit for my national certification, which had lapsed in 2010. I am here, on the bus now, at 740am.
I work Saturday, ostensibly the last for a good while. The duck game is at 730 on Saturday, so I am hoping bad hat can come and get me for it and he will prepare us a tasty dish.
No trivia Friday night or any plans
Sunday, so it might make a great weekend to get caught up on things I have continually put off: laundry, cleaning, and organizing the chaos that is my studio apartment.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:E 10th Ave,Eugene,United States (On the greyhound headed to Salem

No comments: