Sunday, February 23, 2014

More to do! (Weekend Review #13) 23 February 2014

Still working at grandma's.  Tons to unload.  I've saved many amazing things though, and I'm stoked about all the photos I found.  I also want to start a family archive and we have a big box of photos we're saving for that.  I want to digitize all of it and make it accessible to family members generations down the road.

I found a diary of hers that I intend to read and post from here.  I'm excited for all of that.  That being said, there is so much work to be done!  It's crazy.  I'm also skeptical of getting anyone to help with the saving of our family lore, as my aunt, the "pro" genealogist of the family, says we're direct descendants of Jack Daniels (impossible as he had no heirs, however she's shifted this to saying we must be cousins or something) and in the brief time she came to Longview to be at Nini's funeral, she said that Cheech Marin was Lebanese and not Hispanic at all.  Haha.  She's said a lot of silly things in the past though, so I don't really feel surprised.

Anyway, there's a ton more work to do before I need to crash tonight, so that's the plan!

No comments: