Friday, March 14, 2014

The Bentons (Friday #16) 14 March 2014

It was wild riding along with my brother yesterday, checking out potential homes to get at a low price and flip them.  We were down in the highlands as they call them, and we had some interesting epleriences.  But what struck me the most was being in our old stomping grounds on 19th avenue, driving past the Denman's, the Benton's, the Mistics, the Yanez's, the Pithan's, and having all those memories come flooding back.

I remember hours of kick-the-can, throwing water balloons at the bus, and putting sticks in a pile of leaves so it would sound like people running them over (they were unavoidable, in the middle of the street).  Most of all, I remember playing tons of Final Fantasy 2 with Jake Benton, my best friend at the time.  His brother has since passed, which was unexpected.  My brother tried to say something at his funeral but couldn't stop crying.  :/

Then there was Cory Franklin, whose dad passed.  We played magic quite a bit.  He lived on 20th.

20th Ave Market.  I remember walking there with my best friend in 6th grade, Josh Laurila.  Man, we had a lot of fun.  We played G.I. Joe, we drew a lot, we even did Amtgard a bit.  I loved the guy like a brother, but I was a bad brother then.  I remember asking him who he liked in 7th grade and distinctly telling him I wasn't sure who I liked, even though it was the same person!  I was such an ass.  I deeply regret that, among the worst things I've ever done in my life. 

No comments: